The Center is developing a system for the management of hazardous waste within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
This project will provide a complete and integrated system for the "cradle to grave" collection, reception, recycling, treatment and/or disposal of all hazardous waste generated in the Emirate that requires secure and safe management and final disposal.
- To avoid and minimise environmental pollution and public health risks associated with the storage, collection, transport, handling, re-use, recycling and disposal of hazardous wastes in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi
- To eliminate the illegal dumping of hazardous wastes
- To provide alternative systems for the processing, re-use and recycling of hazardous wastes in order to promote resource conservation, enhance carbon footprint initiatives and to achieve, as far as practicable, the maximum net positive environmental and social benefits through best practice waste, water and energy management measures
- To encourage the use of innovative practices and technologies for the management of hazardous wastes, including the adoption of state-of-the-art and leading edge technologies, where appropriate
- To implement an overall and integrated hazardous waste management system to ensure that the management of hazardous waste is always controlled and environmentally safe, flexible, and economically viable under local conditions
- To enhance the environmental knowledge and awareness related to the management of hazardous wastes among all key stakeholders, individual generators (customers) and the public at large